Sesame Cauliflower Rice
Looking for a vegetable that is a great source of fiber and will keep you full?
Try this vegan-friendly side dish that is a warm, comforting, umami-rich snack!
Prep Time: 3-5 Minutes | Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 package frozen cauliflower (4 servings) ⠀
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder and onion powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder and cumin
- Toppings: sesame seeds, green onions, and chili sauce
- Empty the bag of frozen cauliflower into a bare pan on medium heat. Stir occasionally. The ice crystals will melt and help create a barrier to prevent the rice from burning. If ice crystals are not noted, you may consider adding 1-2 Tablespoons of liquid or broth.
As the cauliflower begins to thaw, stir in seasonings and soy sauce.
Turn heat up to medium-high and stir frequently. This will allow the rice to get crispy, but you must stir frequently.
As the cauliflower texture begins to appear crisp, drizzle sesame oil over the rice rice, stir, and heat for another minute or so. Note: adding sesame oil toward the end of the cooking process retains much of the toasted sesame flavor without an excessive amount.