Looking for an easy and versatile protein-packed salad?
Try this vegan chickpea salad on a bed of greens, or sandwiched between lightly toasted bread!
Total Time: 10 Minutes
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 tbsp vegan mayo or blended silken tofu
- 1 medium stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp each: dried dill, onion powder, and garlic powder
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp nori or dulse flakes (optional)
Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined, scraping the sides occasionally. Do not over-process. The goal is not hummus-like consistency, but a more chunky texture.
Tip: If you don’t have a food processor, you can mash it up by hand. It will take longer if using a potato masher (or even a fork), but it will still turn out lovely. If you take this route, chop celery into extra small pieces and add to the mashed mixture toward the end.