A Green Household
We believe sustainability is ultimately a practice, not a purchase, but here are several “green” alternatives to everyday essentials.
- Replace your dryer sheets with wool dryer balls.
- Start an herb or vegetable garden.
- Change your cleaning products to non-toxic cleaners (Blueland)
- Replace your makeup wipes with a Makeup Eraser
- Shop sustainably – wear recycled fabrics, participate in clothing swaps (when safe to do so), visit local thrift stores, or buy/rent items from others! (Poshmark, Depop, Rent the Runway)
- Visit a local Farmer’s Market for your produce
- Have lots of things to dispose of or recycle, but not sure how? Check out Terracycle
- Use Bee’s Wrap food covers instead of Plastic Wrap (Bee’s Wrap)
- Bring your collapsible metal straws and reusable utensils with you! (Final Straw, ChicagoBag To-Go Ware)
- Toss out your Ziploc bags for washable, reusable plastic bags (Stasher)
- Try composting – You can do this in your freezer! (Learn more)
- Skip those little plastic bags at the grocery store & use mesh produce bags instead (Colony Co)
- Try using Swedish dish cloths – they take the place of 16 paper towels!
- Shop “misfit” produce that didn’t fit conventional grocery standards (Misfit Market, Imperfect Foods)
Looking for sustainable alternatives to everyday essentials?
Try looking through Package Free’s shop here